Research on Disabilities Legislation and Practice in Global Markets
Disabilities issues are often discussed in terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act, focusing on the United States legislative civil rights laws that address access by persons with disabilities. However, numerous countries have enacted substantive legislation that can inform our understanding of access.
This short survey attempts to build a systematic database on disabilities access for multiple countries.
1. Country ________________________
2. Description of Legal System
3. Terminology for persons with disabilities in the country
4. Chronology of Laws associated with disabilities
5. Web sites
6. Description in your own words
7. Examples of access strengths in the country (please list up
to 5 areas where you feel that the country provides access for persons
8. Examples of access problems in the country( please list up to 5 areas
where you feel that the country does not provide access for persons with
9. Compare access for disabled persons in your country to access
in the United States. On a scale of 1 to 10, where the United States
is a "5", "1" is the worst, and "10" is the best, how would you rank access
in your country for disabled persons?
10. Information about you:
c. Born in Country?
d. How many years have you lived in that Country?
e. How many years in the U.S.?