American Collegiate Retailing Association Link to ACRA website
Abstracts of Conference Papers ACRA
Over twenty years of papers have been presented at ACRA Conferences. Paper abstracts are organized by topical areas. If desired, full papers are available.
Growth of Big Box Stores and Power Centers: Why are so many big box stores entering local markets? What is the draw of "Power Centers"?
Demise of Enclosed Shopping Malls? Are the days of enclosed malls over? Have they seen the end of their profitability?
Recent Articles in the Press:
Before the malls,
retail was rooted in downtown shopping By WILLIAM H. SOKOLIC, Courier-Post
1. Library: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/indexes/biz/biz.shtml
a. Business and Industry Database on the RU Library Web site
b. Dow Jones Interactive: This is a premier source linking you to the Wall Street Journal (domestic and international editions), the New York Times, the Washington Post, and others. You should use this daily for all your classes.
2. The Journal of Interactive Marketing, available through KnowThis.com
3. eLab at Vanderbilt
4. E-Commerce Times: http://www.ecommercetimes.com/
5. Nua internet: This is one of the most informative about global
media habits and use:
6. National Retail Federation: http://www.nrf.com/
NRF and its Internet retailing initiatives recently combined with Shop.org, the leading trade association for online retailers
7. International Council of Shopping Centers:
8. Comprehensive Marketing Site:
Retail section: http://www.knowthis.com/retail/genretailing.htm
Internet Marketing section: http://www.knowthis.com/internet/internet.htm
9. Paco Underhill's Corporation Envirosell: http://www.envirosell.com/research.html
10. Vischeck Color Blindness Indicator: http://www.vischeck.com