Essay Question: Choose a or b:
a. Compare and contrast the careers of the Gershwins and Irving Berlin.
b. To what extent is musical theater a collaboration rather than the work of a single individual? Discuss.
Audio Assignment #5: [The selections are designed to correspond
to Rosenberg's work]
Rhythm #1 (Cliff Edwards) (1924)
2. Fascinating Rhythm #2 (Fred Astaire) (1952)
3. The Man I Love (Lee Wiley) (1944)
4. Rhapsody in Blue (1924) George Gershwin/Paul Whiteman
5. Someone To Watch Over Me #1 (Gertrude Lawrence) (1926)
6. Someone To Watch Over Me #2 (Lee Wiley) (1944)
7. I Got Rhythm (Red Nichols) (1930)
8. I Got Rhythm (Judy Blazer) (1990)